Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Home.

Sorry! It has been one month since I have been in Thailand and I am finally putting up another post. I find myself apologizing a lot on this blog. Sorry again.
It has been a terrible terrible first week of school, which of course carried into the next week, and will probably be a terrible third week also.  But this is another story for another blog.
Aside from this, I miss Thailand so very much. I miss the people. I miss teaching them, seeing their faces, talking to them, and learning from them.
It's strange that these people, who I only spent a month with, who I could not even communicate with at certain times, got to know me better than some people who I have known all my life.
It's funny because one of the students asked to be my best friend.  And I said no because I said that you have to know someone longer before you can become their best friend. But knowing someone longer doesn't necessarily mean that you know them better.
I also said no because I felt like the students were putting me on a pedestal.  And I felt guilty. I didn't want them to think I was someone who I knew I wasn't, and then want to be a best friend of this person who did not exist.  I've made so many mistakes, have so many flaws.  I told them this.  And one of the student's told me that everything I do, I should do it because I love God.  I could be this person.  I am this person when God is the reason.  Only through God.  They already knew this.  They knew me.
It's strange that in Thailand, where I had no money, did not live like I did in the US, knew no one at first...was one of the most happiest I have ever been.  NBS became my home.





No comments:

Post a Comment